Otak-otak ikan recipe
Otak-otak is grilled fish cake in which wrapped in banana leaves. This dish is usually served with peanut sauce.
Recipe (for serving 10-20)
Cooking time: 15 min
325 gr red snapper fillets or firm white fish fillets
150 ml coconut milk
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
3 lime leaves, sliced
3 cloves shallots, mashed
150 gr sago flour
Peanut sauce ingredients:
Handful peanut, mash
3 rawit pepper
4 tamarinds (soak in a hot water, use the water)
1 pc of palm sugar
2 Salam leaves
2 Lime leaves
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth with blender, except onion, sago flour and banana leaves
- Put in a container and add onion and sago flour, the dough should be thick and not watered
- Take banana leaves. Place 1 tbs of dough and close in the corners with toothpicks
- Grill on a charcoal or simply on a fire stove. Burn until the leaves dry.
Peanut sauce method:
- Fry the peanut, blend, and put it aside.
- Blend shallot, garlic, and pepper.
- Add leaves and water little by little till it gets consistency you like
- Continue with mashed peanut, palm sugar